Kalstok Online Entertainment (the “Company”) welcomes you to [www.dinkydick.com](http://www.dinkydick.com) (the “Website”), a file hosting website with that allows adult content. It is important to the Company that you and other visitors have the best possible experience while using the Website, and that, when you use the Website, you understand your legal rights and obligations. Please read this terms-of-use agreement, which is a legal agreement between you and the Company that governs your access to and use of the Website, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through the Website. Your access to the Website is on the condition that you agree to this agreement. Please pay special attention to the following: (1) disclaimer of warranties (section 17); (2) limit on liability and exclusion of damages (sections 18 and 19); (3) place for resolving disputes (section 22.2); (4) mandatory mediation and arbitration (sections 23.3 and 23.4); (5) class action waiver (section 23.8); and (6) limitation on time to file disputes (section 23.9). By clicking on the “I Agree” button, checking the appropriate box, accessing the Website, registering for an account, purchasing a premium membership, or uploading content, you agree to this agreement. If you do not want to agree to this agreement, you must not access the Website.
**This website, and it’s owners, have no special relationship with its users; owes no duty of care to its users; and does not accept liability for the health or safety of its users.**
Section 230(d) Notice: In accordance with 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), you are notified that parental control protections (including computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may help in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. You may find information about providers of these protections on the Internet by searching “parental control protection” or similar terms.
Age Restriction: Only adults (1) who are at least 18-years old and (2) who have reached the age of majority where they live may access the Website. The Company forbids all persons who do not meet these age requirements from accessing the Website. If minors have access to your computer, please restrain their access to sexually explicit material by using any of the following products, which the Company provides for informational purposes only and does not endorse: CYBERsitter™ \| Net Nanny® \| CyberPatrol \| ASACP.
Notice of Explicit Content: The Website contains content that you may find offensive, indecent, or objectionable, including heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, and transsexual situations of a sexual nature. This content may or may not be identified as having attributes that you may find offensive. You acknowledge that you use the Website at your own risk, and the Company has no liability to you for any content you view. Content categories, tags, types, genres, and descriptions are provided by users, and the Company does not guarantee their accuracy.
Child Pornography Prohibited: The Company prohibits pornographic content involving minors. The Company only allows visual media of consenting adults for consenting adults on the Website. If you see any visual media, real or simulated, depicting minors engaged in sexual activity within the Website, please report this to the Company promptly. Please include with your report all appropriate evidence, including the date and time of identification. The Company will promptly investigate all reports and take appropriate action. The Company fully cooperates with any law-enforcement agency investigating child pornography.
1. Introduction 1.1 The Website allows users to upload, share, and view user generated pornographic content, including sexually explicit images and videos. 1.2 This agreement applies to all users of the Website, whether you are a “visitor” or a “registered user.” By clicking the “I Agree” button, checking the appropriate box, registering for an account, purchasing a premium membership, submitting content, or accessing any part of the Website, you agree to this agreement. If you do not want to agree to this agreement, you must leave the Website. If you breach any part of this agreement, the Company may revoke your license to access the Website, block your access, and cancel your account (if you have one). 1.3 The Company is not liable for anything that you post or say while you are on the Website. The Company does not monitor the content of the Website, but if the Company does see, or someone tells the Company that you have posted, something that the Company finds inappropriate, the Company will remove it. If you post content that belongs to someone else and they get annoyed (or even call in their lawyers), the Company is not in the firing line. You have to take responsibility for what you post. 1.4 The Company may change this agreement on one or more occasions by updating this page. The top of this page will tell you when the Company last updated this agreement. Changes will take effect on the “last updated” date stated on the top of this page. Changes will not operate retroactively. The Company will try to notify you when it changes this agreement if it can do so in a reasonable manner. But you should frequently check this page to make sure that you are operating under the most current version of this agreement. The Company will consider your continued use of the Website after it posts the changes as your acceptance of the changes even if you do not read them. If you do not agree to the changes, your sole remedy is to stop accessing the Website. 1.5 If you have any questions about this agreement or any questions or comments about the Website, please contact us.
2. Eligibility Requirements 2.1 The Website contains uncensored sexually explicit material unsuitable for minors. Only adults (1) who are at least 18-years old and (2) who have reached the age of majority where they live may access the Website. If you do not meet these age requirements, you must not access the Website and must leave now. 2.2 By accessing the Website, you state that the following facts are accurate: (a) You (1) are at least 18-years old, (2) have reached the age of majority where you live, and (3) have the legal capacity to enter into this agreement; (b) All information you provided to the Company is accurate, and you will promptly update this information when necessary to make sure that it remains accurate; (c) You are aware of the adult nature of the content available on the Website, and you are not offended by visual images, verbal descriptions, and audio sounds of a sexually oriented nature, which may include graphic visual depictions and descriptions of nudity and sexual activity; (d) You are familiar with your community’s laws affecting your right to access adult-oriented materials, including sexually explicit material depicting bondage, S/M, and other fetish activities; (e) You have the legal right to access adult-oriented materials, including sexually explicit material depicting bondage, S/M, and other fetish activities, and the Company has legal right to transmit them to you; (f) You are voluntarily requesting adult-oriented materials for your own private enjoyment; (g) You are not accessing the Website from a place, country, or location in which doing so would, or could be considered a violation of any law; (h) You will not share these materials with a minor or otherwise make them available to a minor; and (i) By accessing the Website, you will have released and discharged the providers, owners, and creators of the Website from all liability that might arise.
3. Intellectual Property Rights 3.1 Ownership of Website The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including all information, software, text, displays, images, video, audio, and audiovisual combinations and the design, selection, and arrangement of it) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of the material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
3\.2 Trademarks The Website’s name, logo, and domain name are the trademarks of the Company or its licensors, and must not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the Company’s advance written permission. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are the Company’s service marks, trademarks, and trade dress, and must not be copied, imitated, or use, in whole or in part, without the Company’s advance written permission.
3\.3 License Grant The Company hereby grants you a nonexclusive, nonsublicensable, nontransferable license to access the Website and its content for your personal and noncommercial use in accordance with this agreement. “Access” means visit the Website, use its services, and view or download its content. “Content” means any material, including the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, communications, profiles, streams, data, and other materials found on the Website. “Personal and noncommercial use” means a presentation of the content for which no fee or consideration is charged or received, which takes place in your private residence or, if outside your residence, is limited to a private viewing by you. Personal and noncommercial use excludes any public or private event presentation even if no fee is charged.
3\.4 License Restrictions (a) The license granted in section 3.3 does not include any of the following: (i) resale or commercial use of the Website; (ii) distribution, public performance, or public display of the Website or the content; (iii) changing or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Website and the content, or any part of the Website or the content, unless the Company specifically authorizes change or derivative use in a separate written agreement with you; (iv) use of any data mining, robots, or similar gathering or extraction methods; (v) downloading (other than webpage caching) any part of the Website or the content except as permitted on the Website; or (vi) any other use of the Website or the content other than for its intended purpose. (b) Your license to access the Website does not transfer ownership of or title to a copy of any content that you view or download, and the Company only authorizes you to use your copy in accordance with this agreement. If you download or print a copy of the content for your personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices embedded in the content. Any use of the Website or the content except as authorized by this agreement will terminate the license granted here. Unauthorized use of the Website or the content also may violate intellectual property laws or other laws. Unless stated here, nothing in this agreement should be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. The Company may revoke this license at any time. 4. Your Account 4.1 Account Creation To fully access the Website, you may have to register. Registration is free and for a single user or a couple only. To register, you must complete the registration process by providing the Company with accurate information as prompted by the registration form. You also will choose a password and a username.
4\.2 Responsibility for Account You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Further, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You will promptly notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
4\.3 Liability for Account Misuse The Company will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You could be held liable for losses incurred by the Company or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
4\.4 Use of Other Accounts You must not use anyone else’s account at any time.
4\.5 Account Security The Company cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. But the Company cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the Website’s security measures or use any personal information you provide to the Company for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
4\.6 Communication Preferences By registering for an account, you consent to receiving electronic communications from the Company relating to your account. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address provided during registration or posting communications on the Website and will include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, change in password or payment method, confirmation emails, and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with the Company. You acknowledge that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that the Company sends to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that these communications be in writing. The Company recommends that you keep copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. You also consent to receiving certain other communications from the Company, including newsletters about new features and content, special offers, promotional announcements, and customer surveys via email or other methods. You acknowledge that communications you receive from the Company may contain sexually-explicit material unsuitable for minors.
5. Premium Membership 5.1 Payment You must pay the applicable premium membership fee in advance by credit card, debit card, bitcoin, or dinkydick credits. The premium membership fee excludes any taxes or currency transmission charges, which are extra costs charged to you. You hereby authorize the Company or its payment processor to request and receive updated credit card information from your credit card issuer on one or more occasions.
5\.2 Recurring Billing (does not apply if you select one-time charge) By starting your premium membership and providing or designating a payment method, you hereby authorize the Company or its payment processor to charge you a premium membership fee at the rate in effect when you originally signed up, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the Website. Your premium membership will continue for the length of the initial term you select and, at the end of your prepaid initial term, it will automatically renew for additional prepaid periods of the same length. You must cancel your premium membership before it renews to avoid billing of the next term’s premium membership fees to your payment method. Your account will automatically be charged at the rates in effect at the time you originally signed up.
5\.3 Price Changes The Company may adjust pricing for its service or any components of it in any way and at any time as it may determine in its sole discretion. Any price changes will not affect your current membership unless the Company gives you 30-days advance email notice to you.
5\.4 Billing Cycle (does not apply if you select one-time charge) The membership fee will be billed at the beginning of the initial term of your premium membership and every 30 days afterwards until you cancel your premium membership (unless you selected one-time charge when you purchased your premium membership). The Company automatically bills your payment method every 30 days. Membership fees are fully earned on payment.
5\.5 Billing Disputes If you believe that the Company has charged you in error, you must notify the Company in writing no later than 30 days after you receive the billing statement in which the error first appeared. If you fail to notify the Company in writing of a dispute within this 30-day deadline, you waive any disputed charges. You must submit any billing disputes in writing and include a detailed statement describing the nature and amount of the disputed charges. The Company will correct any mistakes in a bill and add or credit them against your future payments.
5\.6 Chargebacks You are liable to the Company for any credit card chargebacks or related fees that the Company incurs on your account. If you fail to pay the Company for any credit card chargeback or related fees no later than 30 days after its initial demand for payment, you will pay the Company $100 in additional liquidated damages, plus any costs the Company incurs for each chargeback or related fee.
5\.7 Refunds The Company considers all purchases final when made, except that the Company may approve a refund in the form of a credit on request if exceptional circumstances exist. If you believe exceptional circumstances exist, please contact the Company and explain the exceptional circumstances that you believe merits a refund. The Company is not making any promise that it will give you a refund. If the Company gives you a refund, the Company will issue the refund in the form of a credit to the payment method you used for your purchase; the Company will not make refunds in the form of cash, check, or free services. The provision of a refund in one instance does not entitle you to a refund in the future for similar instances; nor does it obligate the Company to provide refunds in the future, under any circumstance.
5\.8 Cancellation You may cancel your premium membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Website through the end of your membership term. The Company does not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods. To cancel your premium membership, please contact the payment processor that you signed up through.
6. User Conduct 6.1 You are solely responsible for all acts and omissions that occur because of your use of the Website. You must not engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
(a) use the Website for any unlawful purpose or in any way that is prohibited by this agreement or that exposes the Company to civil or criminal liability; (b) infringe on the intellectual-property rights of another person, including to make, obtain, post, or otherwise access illegal or infringing copies of copyrighted content; (c) submit, publish, display, disseminate, or otherwise communicate any defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, abusive, harmful, threatening, obscene, offensive, hateful, discriminatory, infringing, or illegal material to any other user of the Website or to any other person; (d) exploit or harm or to try to exploit or harm minors by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personal information, or otherwise; (e) harass, stalk, or otherwise invade the privacy of another person (including the dissemination of personal information); (f) interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Website; (g) promote the physical harm or injury of any individual or group, or promote any act of cruelty to animals; (h) engage in false or deceptive advertising or trade practices; (i) use or try to use any other user’s account on the Website; (j) impersonate another person during your use of the Website, including registering or trying to register another person for an account; (k) use any automated means—including robots, spiders, crawlers, or data mining tools—to download, monitor, or use data or content from the Website or otherwise access any content on the Website through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Website; (l) attack the Website via a denial-of-service (DoS) attack or a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack; (m) collect email addresses for sending unsolicited messages; (n) collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website; (o) take any action that imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive demands on it; (p) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information you send; (q) disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or features that enforce limits on the use of the Website or the content on it, including any digital rights management (DRM) functionality; (r) remove any proprietary notices or labels—including copyright, patent, service mark, or trademark notices—on the content; (s) try to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Website; (t) post, link to, or otherwise make available on the Website any content that contains software viruses or any computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, limit, or monitor the functionality of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; (u) send, create, or reply to so-called “mail bombs” (that is, emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent); engage in “spamming” (that is, unsolicited emailing for business or other purposes); or undertake any other activity that may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of the Website by another person; (v) copy, distribute, or disclose any part of the Website in any medium, including by any automated or non-automated “scraping;” (w) reproduce, sell, resell, or otherwise commercially exploit or make available the Website or its content to any other person; (x) “frame” or “mirror” the Website without the express advance written authorization of the Company; (y) co-brand the Website (i.e., display a name, logo, trademark, or other means of attribution or identification of any party in such a manner as is reasonably likely to give a user the impression that the other party has the right to display, publish, or distribute the Website or content accessible within the Website) without the express advance written authorization of the Company; or (z) reverse engineer the Website or any part of it. 6.2 The Company may change, limit, or cancel your access if you fail to comply with this section 6. Unauthorized use of the Website or the content may also violate various laws, including copyright and trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. The Company will take appropriate action against you for any unauthorized use of the Website or the content, including civil, criminal, injunctive relief, and termination of your access or registration.
7\.2 Ownership You keep all ownership rights in your submissions to the Website. You acknowledge that the Company has no control over what other users may do with copies of your submissions if you remove your submissions from the Website.
7\.3 License By making submissions to the Website, you hereby grant the Company, its affiliates, and service providers, and each of their and the Company’s respective licensees, a worldwide, nonexclusive, sublicensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your submissions in connection with the Website and the Company’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website (and derivative works of it) in any media formats and through any media channels. The Company may freely use and otherwise exploit your submissions for any purpose without any obligation to pay you.
7\.4 Moral Rights You hereby waive all moral rights in your submissions that may be available to you in any part of the world and you state that no moral rights have been asserted.
8\.3 The Company cannot and does not review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. You remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions and communications. The Company will not be liable for any action or inaction regarding submissions, transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. The Company will not be liable to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section 8. But if you know of any submission or communication that violates this agreement, please contact the Company. Please provide as much detail as possible, including (1)a copy of the objectionable submission or the location where the Company may find it, (2) the reason the Company should remove it, and (3) a statement certifying the accuracy of the information you provided to the Company.
9. Links The Website contains links to third-party websites or resources that are not maintained by, or related to, the Company. You acknowledge that the Company is not responsible or liable for (1) the availability or accuracy of those websites or resources; or (2) the content, products, or services on or available from those websites or resources. The Company is not making any statements about the content, completeness, or accuracy of any third-party websites or resources that the Website links to. Links to third-party websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by the Company of those websites or resources and the Company provides these links as a convenience. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any third-party websites or resources.
10. Third-Party Content Through the Website, you will have the ability to access or use content provided by third parties. The Company cannot guarantee that third-party content will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise. The Company will not be liable to you for your access or use of any third-party content.
12. Copyright Policy 12.1 The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and expect users of the Website to do the same. The Company will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with law and are properly provided to the Company, please see our DMCA Page for full information.
12\.2 It is the Company’s policy to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
13. Termination 13.1 Termination on Notice Outside of any ban period, either party may terminate this agreement at any time by notifying the other party, the option to delete an account can be found in account settings. If the account is serving a ban period, this right is suspended until the ban period expires.
13\.2 Termination by the Company The Company may suspend, disable, or cancel your access to the Website (or any part of it) if it determines that you have breached this agreement or that your conduct would tend to damage the Company’s reputation and goodwill. If the Company terminates your access for any of these reasons, you must not access the Website. The Company may block your email address and IP address to prevent further access.
13\.3 Effect of Termination On termination, your right to access the Website and all licenses granted by the Company terminates. Termination of your access to the Website will not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing before termination or limit any liability that you otherwise may have to the Company or any third party. You are solely responsible for making sure that any recurring billing is cancelled. To cancel recurring billing, please contact the payment processor you signed up through.
13\.4 Survival This agreement’s provisions that by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including ownership provisions, loss payment (aka indemnification), disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability.
14. Reliance on Information Posted 14.1 The Company makes the information presented on or through the Website available for general information purposes only. The Company is not making any warranty about the accuracy or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on this information is strictly at your own risk. The Company will not be liable for any reliance placed on these materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
14\.2 The Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, third-party licensors, syndicators, or aggregators. All statements or opinions expressed in these materials, and all responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person providing these materials. These materials do not reflect the opinion of the Company. The Company will not be liable to you or any other person for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
15. Changes to the Website; Availability 15.1 Although the Company may update the content on the Website on one or more occasions, the content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and the Company is not required to update that material. If you believe you have found errors or omissions on the Website please contact us.
15\.2 While the Company will try to make sure that the Website is always available, it does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted, or secure access to the Website. Many factors or circumstances outside of the Company’s control may interfere with or adversely affect its operation of the Website.
16. International Use The Company is not making any statement that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate in any particular location. Access to the Website might not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws. If you access the Website in a jurisdiction that prohibits or restricts its use, the Company will not have any liability to you for your use.
17. Acknowledgments and Disclaimers 17.1 You acknowledge that the Company cannot and does not state that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Website will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses or other destructive code, interference, hacking, or other security intrusions. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for antivirus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for keeping a means external to the Website for any reconstruction of any lost data. The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that might infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or any services or items obtained through the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on the Website, or on any website linked to the Website.
17\.2 You acknowledge that you may be exposed to content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionably, and you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Company with respect to this content.
17\.3 The Company will use reasonable efforts to protect information submitted by you in connection with the Website, but you acknowledge that your submission of this information is at your sole risk, and the Company will not be liable to you for any loss relating to that information.
17\.4 Your use of the Website, its content, and any services or items obtained through the Website is at your own risk. The Company provides the Website, its content, and any services or items obtained through the Website “as is,” “with all faults,” and “as available,” without making any warranty, either express or implied. The Company is not making any warranty (1) that the Website, its content, or any services or items obtained through the Website will be accurate, reliable, error-free, or uninterrupted; (2) that defects will be corrected; (3) that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components; or (4) that the Website or any services or items obtained through the Website will otherwise meet your needs or expectations.
17\.5 The Company is not making any warranty, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, including warranty of merchantability, title, noninfringement, privacy, security, and fitness for particular purpose. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Company, the Website, or elsewhere will create any warranty not expressly stated in this agreement.
18. Limit on Liability; Release 18.1 The Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable to you for any of the following: (a) Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (b) Personal injury or property damage resulting from your access to and use of the Website or its content; (c) Content (including user generated content) or conduct that is infringing, inaccurate, obscene, indecent, offensive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, abusive, invasive of privacy, or illegal; (d) Unauthorized access to or use of the Company’s servers and any personal or financial information stored in them, including unauthorized access or changes to your account, submissions, transmissions, or data; (e) Interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website; (f) Bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, malware, ransomware, or other disabling code that may be transmitted to or through the Website by any person or that might infect your computer or affect your access to or use of the Website, your other services, hardware, or software; (g) Incompatibility between the Website and your other services, hardware, or software; (h) Delays or failures you might experience in starting, conducting, or completing any transmissions to or transactions with the Website; or (i) Loss or damage incurred because of the use of any content posted, emailed, sent, or otherwise made available through the Website. 18.2 You hereby release the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors from all liability arising out of user submissions or the conduct of other users or third parties, including disputes between you and one or more other users or third parties.
19. Exclusion of Damages; Exclusive Remedy 19.1 Unless caused by gross negligence or intentional misconduct, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special (including so-called consequential damages), statutory, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of or relating to your access or your inability to access the Website or the content. This exclusion applies regardless of theory of liability and even if you told the Company about the possibility of these damages or the Company knew or should have known about the possibility of these damages.
19\.2 The Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors also will not be liable to you for any damages for (1) personal injury, (2) pain and suffering, (3) emotional distress, (4) loss of revenue, (5) loss of profits, (6) loss of business or anticipated savings, (7) loss of use, (8) loss of goodwill, (9) loss of data, (10) loss of privacy, or (11) computer failure related to your access of or your inability to access the Website or the content. This exclusion applies regardless of theory of liability and even if you told the Company about the possibility of these damages or the Company knew or should have known about the possibility of these damages.
19\.3 If you are dissatisfied with the Website or have any other complaint, your exclusive remedy is to stop using the Website. The maximum liability of the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors to you for any claim will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid to the Company for the applicable content or service out of which liability arose even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
20. Scope of Disclaimers, Exclusions, and Limits The disclaimers, exclusions, and limits stated in sections 17, 18, and 19 apply to the greatest extent allowed by law, but no more. The Company does not intend to deprive you of any mandatory protections provided to you by law. Because some jurisdictions may prohibit the disclaimer of some warranties, the exclusion of some damages, or other matters, one or more of the disclaimers, exclusions, or limits will not apply to you.
21. Loss Payment (aka Indemnification) 21.1 In General You will pay the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, directors, and contractors (the “Indemnified Parties”) for any loss of the Indemnified Parties’ that is caused by any of the following: (a) your access of the Website; (b) your conduct on the Website, including your submissions to the Website; (c) your breach of this agreement; (d) your actual or alleged violation of rights of any person, including intellectual property and privacy rights; (e) your actual or alleged violation of any law; (f) your actual or alleged negligent, fraudulent, or intentional conduct; or (g) your actual or alleged criminal conduct. But you are not required to pay if the loss was caused by the Indemnified Parties’ intentional misconduct. 21.2 Definitions (a) “Loss” means an amount that the Indemnified Parties are legally responsible for or pay in any form. Amounts include, for example, a judgment, a settlement, a fine, damages, injunctive relief, staff compensation, a decrease in property value, and expenses for defending against a claim for a loss (including fees for legal counsel, expert witnesses, and other advisers). A loss can be tangible or intangible; can arise from bodily injury, property damage, or other causes; can be based on tort, breach of contract, or any other theory of recovery; and includes incidental, direct, and consequential damages. (b) A loss is “caused by” an event if the loss would not have happened without the event, even if the event is not a proximate cause of the loss.
21\.3 Indemnified Parties’ Duty to Notify You If the Indemnified Party has your contact information, the Indemnified Party will notify you before the 30th day after the Indemnified Party knows or should reasonably have known of a claim for a loss that you might be compelled to pay. But the Indemnified Party’s failure to give you timely notice does not end your obligation, except if that failure prejudices your ability to defend or mitigate losses.
21\.4 Legal Defense of a Claim The Indemnified Party has control over defending a claim for a loss (including settling it), unless the Indemnified Party directs you to control the defense. If the Indemnified Party directs you to control the defense, you will not settle any litigation without the Indemnified Party’s written consent if the settlement (1) imposes a penalty or limitation on the Indemnified Party, (2) admits the Indemnified Party’s fault, or (3) does not fully release the Indemnified Party from liability. You and the Indemnified Party will cooperate with each other in good faith on a claim.
21\.5 No Exclusivity The Indemnified Parties’ rights under this section 21 do not affect other rights they might have.
22. Governing Law; Place for Resolving Disputes 22.1 The laws of Costa Rica—without giving effect to any conflicts of law principles—govern all matters arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement. The predominant purpose of this agreement is providing services and licensing access to intellectual property and not a “sale of goods.” This agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
22\.2 Except for disputes subject to arbitration, all disputes arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in San Jose, Costa Rica. Each party hereby submits to the personal jurisdiction of the courts in San Jose, Costa Rica to resolve all disputes not subject to arbitration. Each party hereby waives any right to seek another forum or venue because of improper or inconvenient forum.
22\.3 For purposes of this section, the Website will be deemed solely based in Costa Rica and will be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Company, either specific or general, in any other jurisdiction.
23. Dispute Resolution 23.1 Litigation Election Either party may elect to litigate the following type of case or controversy: (a) an action seeking injunctive relief, or (b) a suit to compel compliance with this dispute resolution process. 23.2 Negotiation Each party will allow the other a reasonable opportunity to comply before it claims that the other has not met the duties under this agreement. The parties will first meet and negotiate with each other in good faith to try to resolve all disputes between the parties arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement.
23\.3 Mediation (a) If the parties cannot settle a dispute arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement through negotiation after 30 days, either party may, by notice to the other party and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), demand mediation under the ICC Mediation Rules. (b) Mediation will take place in San Jose, Costa Rica. The language of the mediation will be English. Each party will bear its own costs in mediation, and the parties will share equally between them all third-party mediation costs unless the parties agree differently in writing. (c) Each party will participate actively and constructively in mediation proceedings once started and will attend at least one joint meeting between the mediator and the parties. Any party may terminate mediation at any time after an initial meeting between the mediator and the parties. 23.4 Arbitration a) Procedure If the parties cannot settle a dispute through mediation, the parties will settle any unresolved dispute arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement by arbitration administered by the ICC in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce. A single arbitrator will preside over the arbitration. The arbitrator, and not any court or agency, will have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, enforceability, or formation of this agreement, including any claim that all or any part of this agreement is void or voidable. b) Location Unless the parties agree otherwise, the arbitration will take place in San Jose, Costa Rica. c) Fees Each party will be responsible for paying any filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration. d) Award The arbitrator may grant whatever relief that would be available in a court at law or in equity, except that the arbitrator must not award punitive or exemplary damages, or damages otherwise limited or excluded in this agreement. In accordance with section 23.6, the arbitrator’s award will include costs of arbitration, reasonable legal fees, and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. The arbitrator’s award will be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. e) Confidentiality Unless required by law, neither a party nor an arbitrator will disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration under this agreement without the advance written consent of both parties. 23.5 Injunctive Relief Nothing in this section 23 will prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property, or unauthorized access to the Website.
23\.6 Recovery of Expenses (a) In any proceedings between the parties arising out of this agreement or relating to the subject matter of this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover from the other party, besides any other relief awarded, all expenses that the prevailing party incurs in those proceedings, including legal fees and expenses. (b) For purposes of section 23.6(a), “prevailing party” means, for any proceeding, the party in whose favor an award is rendered, except that if in those proceedings the award finds in favor of one party on one or more claims or counterclaims and in favor of the other party on one or more other claims or counterclaims, neither party will be the prevailing party. If any proceedings are voluntarily dismissed or are dismissed as part of settlement of that dispute, neither party will be the prevailing party in those proceedings. 23.7 Jury Trial Waiver Both parties hereby waive the right to a trial by jury for any dispute arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement. Either party may enforce this waiver up to and including the first day of trial.
23\.8 Class Action Waiver All claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding, and, unless the Company agrees otherwise, the arbitrator will not consolidate more than one person’s claims. Both parties acknowledge that each party is waiving the right to participate in a class action.
23\.9 Limitation on Time to Bring Claims A party will not file a claim arising out of or relating to the Website or this agreement more than one year after the cause of action arose. Any claim brought after one year is barred.
24. General 24.1 Entire Agreement This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company about your access to the Website. It supersedes all earlier or contemporaneous agreements between you and the Company about access to the Website. A printed version of this agreement will be admissible in any proceedings arising out of (or relating to) this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and kept in printed form. Any additional terms on the Website will govern the items to which they pertain.
24\.2 Copy of this Agreement You may—and the Company recommends that you—print this agreement on your printer or save them to your computer. If you have trouble printing a copy, please contact the Company and the Company will email you a copy.
24\.3 Changes The Company may change this agreement on one or more occasions. The Company will try to post changes on the Website at least 15 days before they become effective. Changes will become effective on the “last updated” date stated at the top of this page. Changes will not apply to continuing disputes or to disputes arising out of (or relating to) events happening before the posted changes. While the Company will try to notify you when the Company changes this agreement, the Company does not assume an obligation to do so, and it is your responsibility to frequently check this page to review the most current agreement. By continuing to use the Website after the Company posts changes to this agreement, you agree to the revised agreement. If you do not agree to the revised agreement, your exclusive remedy is to stop accessing the Website. If you need more information about the changes or have any other questions or comments about the changes, please contact us.
24\.4 Assignment and Delegation The Company may assign its rights or delegate any performance under this agreement without your consent. You will not assign your rights or delegate your performance under this agreement without the Company’s advanced written consent. Any attempted assignment of rights or delegation of performance in breach of this section 24.4 is void.
24\.5 No Waivers The parties may waive any provision in this agreement only by a writing signed by the party or parties against whom the waiver is sought to be enforced. No failure or delay in exercising any right or remedy, or in requiring the satisfaction of any condition, under this agreement, and no act, omission, or course of dealing between the parties, operates as a waiver or estoppel of any right, remedy, or condition. A waiver made in writing on one occasion is effective only in that instance and only for the purpose stated. A waiver once given is not to be construed as a waiver on any future occasion or against any other person.
24\.6 Severability The parties intend as follows: (a) that if any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, then that provision will be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable, unless that modification is not permitted by law, in which case that provision will be disregarded; (b) that if modifying or disregarding the unenforceable provision would result in failure of an essential purpose of this agreement, the entire agreement will be held unenforceable; (c) that if an unenforceable provision is modified or disregarded in accordance with this section 24.6, then the rest of the agreement will remain in effect as written; and (d) that any unenforceable provision will remain as written in any circumstances other than those in which the provision is held to be unenforceable. 24.7 Notices a) Sending Notice to the Company You may send notice to the Company here unless a specific email address is set out for giving notice. The Company will consider a notice received by the Company only when its server sends a return message to you acknowledging receipt. The Company may change its contact information on one or more occasions by posting the change on the Website. Please check the Website for the most current information for sending notice to the Company. b) Sending Notice to You—Electronic Notice You consent to receiving any notice from the Company in electronic form either (1) by email to the last known email address the Company has for you or (2) by posting the notice on a place on the Website chosen for this purpose. The Company will consider notices sent to you by email received when its email service shows transmission to your email address. You state that any email address you gave the Company for contacting you is a current and valid email address for receiving notice, and that your computer has hardware and software configured to send and receive email through the Internet and to print any email you receive.
24\.8 Force Majeure The Company is not responsible for any failure to perform if unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control delays or continues to delay its performance, including: (a) Acts of God, including fire, flood, earthquakes, hurricanes, tropical storms, or other natural disasters; (b) War, riot, arson, embargoes, acts of civil or military authority, or terrorism; (c) Fiber cuts; (d) Strikes, or shortages in transportation, facilities, fuel, energy, labor, or materials; (e) Failure of the telecommunications or information services infrastructure; and (f) Hacking, SPAM, or any failure of a computer, server, network, or software. 24.9 No Third-Party Beneficiaries This agreement does not, and the parties do not intend it to, confer any rights or remedies on any person other than the parties to this agreement.
24\.10 Relationship of the Parties This agreement does not, and the parties do not intend it to, create a partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, or employment relationship between the parties and the parties expressly disclaim the existence of any of these relationships between them. Neither of the parties is the agent for the other, and neither party has the right to bind the other on any agreement with a nonparty.
24\.11 Successors and Assigns This agreement inures to the benefit of, and are binding on, the parties and their respective successors and assigns. This section does not address, directly or indirectly, whether a party may assign rights or delegate obligations under this agreement. Section 24.4 addresses these matters.
24\.12 Electronic Communications Not Private The Company does not provide facilities for sending or receiving confidential electronic communications. You should consider all messages sent to the Company or from the Company as open communications readily accessible to the public. You should not use the Website to send or receive messages you only intend the sender and named recipients to read. Users or operators of the Website may read all messages you send to the Website regardless of whether they are intended recipients.
24\.13 Electronic Signatures Any affirmation, assent, or agreement you send through the Website will bind you. You acknowledge that when you click on an “I agree,” “I consent,” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field with your finger, mouse, keystroke, or other device, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature.
24\.14 Feedback The Company encourage you to provide feedback about the Website. But the Company will not treat as confidential any suggestion or idea provided by you, and nothing in this agreement will restrict its right to use, profit from, disclose, publish, or otherwise exploit any feedback, without payment to you.
24\.15 English language The Company drafted this agreement in the English language. No translation into any other language will be used to interpret or construe this agreement. All services, support, notices, designations, specifications, and communications will be provided in English.
24\.16 Your Comments and Concerns You should direct all feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website here.
24\.17 Usages In this agreement, the following usages apply: (a) Actions permitted under this agreement may be taken at any time and on one or more occasions in the actor’s sole discretion. (b) References to a statute will refer to the statute and any successor statute, and to all regulations promulgated under or implementing the statute or successor, as in effect at the relevant time. (c) References to numbered sections in this agreement also refer to all included sections. For example, references to section 6 also refer to 6.1, 6.1(a), etc. (d) References to a governmental or quasi-governmental agency, authority, or instrumentality will also refer to a regulatory body that succeeds to the functions of the agency, authority, or instrumentality. (e) “A or B” means “A or B or both.” “A, B, or C” means “one or more of A, B, and C.” The same construction applies to longer strings. (f) “Including” means “including, but not limited to.”